Narrowing down the list of books to take to Nantucket is a pleasant agony. They have to be challenging enough to last a while, but not so dense as to put me to sleep after 3 pages. They have to appeal to David, Paul, and Alex as well because we will share.
- Reality Hunger: A Manifesto, David Shields
- A Distant Mirror, Barbara W. Tuchman
- The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner, James Hogg
- Daniel Martin, John Fowles
- Doctor Faustus, Christopher Marlowe
- Conference of the Birds, Farid-Ud-Din Attar (this is the read-aloud choice)
No vampires, werewolves, or zombies this year.